Please read the following information carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
WE MAY COLLECT AND PROCESS THE FOLLOWING DATA:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.baxter-fx.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also request information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete optional surveys that we use for research and statistical purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and thus enable us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Third Party Cookies: Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site.The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set or to reject all cookies. Please be aware that this may result in reduced functionality of the website.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
DISCLOSURE AND USE OF THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or these third parties may contact you about these by post or telephone.
- Existing Customers: If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- New Customers: If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- Aggregate Data: We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Option to not disclose: If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
- Affiliated companies: We may disclose your personal information to our affiliated company BAXTER Technologies Limited.
- Third Parties: We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If baxter-fx.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Access to information: You have the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee not exceeding 6.35 euro to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Breach of Privacy: If you feel that we have breached our obligations in the handling, use or disclosure of your personal information, we encourage you to inform us before making a complaint to the Australian Information Commissioner.
Complaints should be directed to:
Legal & Compliance,
BAXTER Financial Services Australia Pty Limited,
Level 3, 80 Clarence St.
Phone: +353 1 531 4232
The complaint will be fully investigated without delay and you will receive a response within 30 calendar days containing a description of our findings and detailing the actions we intend to take to resolve the matter and to prevent recurrence . If you are not satisfied with our response, you may direct your complaint to:
Information and Privacy Commission NSW,
GPO Box 7011
Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 02 8114 3756
To help protect your privacy:
- You are responsible for keeping your password and user ID confidential, do not share it with anyone else.
- Remember to log off after you have finished using the web interface.
- Take customary precautions such as installing and updating suitable anti-virus software to guard against “malware “ (viruses, Trojan horses, bots etc.)